Wedding Photography Terms & Conditions
1. ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This agreement contains the entire understanding between KLD Photography and THE CLIENT. It supersedes all prior and simultaneous agreements between the parties. The only way to change or add to this agreement is to do so in writing, and providing the document is signed by all the relevant parties.
2. RESERVATION: Upon your signature, KLD Photography will reserve the time and date agreed upon, and will not make other reservations for that time and date. For this reason, the Reservation Deposit of 40% is non-refundable, even if the date is changed or the wedding cancelled for any reason; including acts of God, fire, strike and/or extreme weather. The Reservation Deposit is to be paid at time of signing the contract. The Reservation Deposit is applied towards the contracted wedding photography package. THE CLIENT understands and agrees that the entire amount owed for the wedding photography package described in the contract is due 4 weeks prior to the wedding date which is underlined specifically in contract.
3. Arrangements: The client shall make all arrangements and secure permissions pf the proposed venues/locations listed in the contract for the use of photography by the photographer.
4. CANCELLATION: The client may cancel this contract at any time by giving written notice to the photographer but in doing so shall forfeit any monies paid. Should the photographer receive cancellation more than 30 days prior to the date of ceremony, the photographer will refund any additional amounts paid by the client, minus the non-refundable deposit. should the photographer receive cancelation less than 30 days prior to the date of the ceremony, the client shall pay an additional amount so the total paid by the client is equal to 75% of the contract value. should cancelation be received by the photographer/s less than 14 days prior to the date of ceremony, the client shall pay an additional amount so that the total paid by the client is equal to 100 of the contract value.
5. PRE-EVENT CONSULTATION: The parties agree to a pre-event consultation before the wedding date in order to finalise the actual shooting times and locations.
6. EVENT GUIDE: THE CLIENT will be responsible for (or have someone designated for this responsibility) identifying people/objects of whom/which specific photographs are desired. The photographer will NOT be held accountable for not photographing desired people if there is no one to assist in identifying or gathering people for the photograph(s).
7. 90 MINUTE WINDOW: The bride and/or groom agree to set aside at least 30 minutes before the commencement of the wedding ceremony and a 60 minute time frame afterward for photographs that cannot be obtained during the ceremony or reception. The 60 minutes following the ceremony includes group photographs. If either the bride’s or groom’s late arrival (or any other reason outside of the photographer’s control) prevents this 90 minute window from occurring, KLD Photography shall not be held liable for failure to take desired photographs.
8. COOPERATION: The parties agree to positive cooperation and communication for the best possible result within the definition of this assignment. KLD Photography is not responsible for key individuals’ failure to be present or to cooperate during photography sessions, neither for missed images due to details not revealed to KLD Photography. KLD Photography recommends that THE CLIENT designate an "event guide" (see PRE-EVENT CONSULTATION above) to point out important individuals to the photographer, whom THE CLIENT wishes to include in informal or candid photographs.
9. SHOOTING TIME / ADDITIONS: The photography schedule and selected methodology are designed to accomplish the goals and wishes of THE CLIENT in a manner enjoyed by all parties involved. THE CLIENT and KLD Photography agree that positive cooperation and punctuality are therefore essential. Shooting commences at the scheduled time. Should the ceremony start late due to any reason whatsoever, KLD Photography will not be held liable for any photographs not taken.
10. HOUSE RULES: The photographer is limited by the guidelines of the ceremony official or the reception site management. THE CLIENT agrees to accept the technical results of their imposition on the photographer. Negotiation with the officials for moderation of guidelines is THE CLIENT'S responsibility; KLD Photography will offer technical recommendations only. we advise the clients to make themselves aware of the rules of the venue concerned and if necessary negotiate with personnel concerned.
11. IMAGE PROTECTION:All images remain property of KLD Photography you have permission to print, enlarge and share on social network and for personal use only. Comercial use is prohibited unless correct permission is obtained from KLD Photography. No images are to be cropped or altered in any way. •MODEL RELEASE: THE CLIENT hereby assigns and grants KLD Photography and its legal representatives the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use and publish photographs of THE CLIENT or in which THE CLIENT may be included, for editorial, trade, advertising or any other purpose and in any manner and medium; to alter the same without restriction; and to copyright the same. THE CLIENT hereby releases KLD Photography and its legal representatives and assigns from all claims and liability relating to said photographs. It is agreed that KLD Photography may display and use the photographs taken for advertising, display, website and internet promotion, photographic contests, public display such as in malls, photography books, photography instructional books, store fronts, window displays, studio display, television advertising, magazine advertising and any other purpose thought proper by KLD Photography.
12. Galleries: Galleries can contain 800-1200 images depending on which package the client chooses. We do not under any circumstances give out unedited or raw files. The client does not receive every single image taken on the day, instead we select the best from the day and discard all the blinking duplicates etc. and then edit the images for your gallery. Images can take up to 6-8 weeks to be finished, but sneak peak will be provided to the client within 48 hours. Distribution of images: No DVD, Disk, USB, Album or prints either in progress or completed may be removed from the premises of KLD Photography until the balance has been pain in full.
13. GUEST PHOTOGRAPHY: Al of your guests will have digital cameras and all your guests will not to photograph the clients. In the spirit of cheerful cooperation the clients agree to give the photographers precedence over the guests in order to take the photographs required for the wedding services described above. KLD Photography cannot be held liable for lack of wedding photos if guests taking their own photos of the clients continually interrupt the photographer’s work. The photographer is hired on the basis of being the only photographer (unless otherwise agreed in writing) on the wedding day and may, at its discretion, terminate the shoot without any monies refunded to the client if another photographer (professional or otherwise) is interfering with the photographer‘s ability to photograph without impediment. The photographer may, at its discretion, suspend photography without consequence, if employees’ health and safety are at risk, inclusive of and not limited to indecent exposure.
14. GUEST COOPERATION: THE CLIENT is responsible for the conduct of their guests. THE CLIENT will direct all other service providers (florist, DJ, caterer, etc.) to provide any needed information and cooperation to the photographer. Coordination with other service providers is necessary to complete all the photography sessions as scheduled. THE CLIENT should share the photography schedule with other service providers to make sure that there is no conflict in times. In addition, events during the wedding day should be planned to make the best use of time from all vendors. KLD Photography will not tolerate verbally or physically abusive behaviour, nor will it share its time or compete with guest photographers for the attention of the subjects. Unchecked guest conduct that interferes with photography may seriously affect the quality of the photographs taken and increase the number of times photos must be re-taken. If THE CLIENT is unable to control the conduct of their guests, resulting in an unacceptable degree of misconduct, or if the conduct of any of their guests damages the equipment of the photographer, it will result in the early or immediate departure of the photographer. THE CLIENT understands that in such an event, no refunds will be granted.
15. COMPLETION SCHEDULE: The printing process can only start once KLD Photography receives the order list for the required images. Digital processing takes approximately 2 weeks from order date. Creation of a wedding album takes 6-10 weeks, enlargements 1-2 weeks or possibly longer when laboratory and bindery schedules are heavy.
16. PAYMENTS: THE CLIENT agrees that 40% retainer is required at the time of contract acceptance and 100% of the remaining balance is to be paid 4 weeks prior to the ceremony date as specified in contract above.
17. SPECIAL REQUESTS: Special requests are not binding instruction, although every effort is made to comply with the client’s wishes. any specil requests not notified on this booking form must be made by the client to the photographer/s directly prior to the wedding day. The photographer will act in its best endeavours to provide the client with photographers of people and items as requested by the client. However, the images provided to the client will be at the photographer’s sole discretion.
18. METHOD OF REMUNERATION: Payment may be made in cash or cheque or Bank deposit. 19. SAFE KEEPING: The safekeeping and longevity of the supplied product is solely the responsibility of the client. The Client accepts that degradation over time in any media supplied is not the responsibility of the photographer.
20. PENALTY FEES & CHARGES: There is a $200.00 late payment fee for any payments that are not postmarked or delivered to KLD Photography by the required date.
21. FEES: Any fee required to be paid by the photographer for the use of any venue use (entry fee, parking fee or any other fee), shall be a fee that the photographer will recover from the client in addition to the package agreement price.
22. LIMIT OF LIABILITY: In the unlikely event of severe medical, natural, or other emergencies, it may be necessary to retain an alternative photographer. KLD Photography will make every effort to secure a replacement photographer able and/or willing to provide a similar package as chosen in this contract at the same/similar tariff. If such a situation should occur and a suitable replacement is not found, responsibility and liability is limited to the return of all payments received for the event package. KLD Photography takes the utmost care with respect to exposure, transportation and processing of photographs; including using professional grade equipment and professional grade backup equipment. However, in the unlikely event of THE CLIENT’S photographs being lost, stolen or destroyed for reasons within or beyond KLD Photography control, the latter’s liability is limited to the return of all payments received for the event package. The limit of liability shall not exceed the contract price stated herein. The limit of liability for a partial loss of originals shall be a prorated amount of the exposures lost based on the percentage of total number of originals.
23. NON-GUARANTEE: Although every possible care will be taken to produce photographs of all important and special events during the wedding, KLD Photography cannot place an unconditional guarantee on the above. KLD Photography will not be held responsible for any ruined photographs due to guests’ (or any other) flashes; or any other ruined photographs due to any other cause in or outside of KLD Photography’s control.
24. DAMAGE TO PROPERTY: If any Photography equipment (including but not limited to cameras, lights, lens flashes or props) is damaged beyond normal wear and tear due to malicious acts or negligence by the Client or by other attendee of the wedding, the client agrees to pay any and all repair or replacement costs.
25. THE SCHEDULE: Our shooting schedule, style of working and experience are designed to achieve a great set of wedding photos for the client, accomplished with good humour and enjoyed by all concerned. Both the clients and photographers therefore agree that punctuality and cheerful cooperation are essential to producing outstanding photographic results. in cases where the wedding does not run on time (for example extreme lateness by one of the clients arriving to the ceremony) we cannot guarantee to take or normal set of photos in such circumstances we will do our absolute best to compensate.
26. PERFORMANCE: The performance of this contract on behalf of KLD Photography shall be contingent upon acts of God, flood, fire, warfare, government laws or regulations, electrical failure, strikes by suppliers, and/or conditions beyond its control.
27. SEVERABILITY: If any provision of this agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable under the law, the validity of this agreement as a whole shall not be affected, and the other provisions of the agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
28. AMENDMENTS: This contract has been freely negotiated and shall be recognised as the entirety of the agreement. Only those changes or modifications specifically placed in writing, attached, dated and signed by THE CLIENT and KLD Photography at the time of acceptance of this contract shall be recognised as amendments to this contract.
29. PROFESSIONAL IMAGE MANIPULATION: KLD Photography will allow for limited professional image manipulation (if technically possible) on any _________ images of THE CLIENT’S choice. This includes opening of individual’s eyes, red eye removal, de-ageing, removal of people and/or objects, insertion of missing people and/or objects, colour correction, special effects, portrait glamorization etc. It is understood that if a technicality prevents KLD Photography from performing requested image manipulation, or if a technicality prevents the final result to meet THE CLIENT’S requirement, THE CLIENT will reside with the fact that KLD Photography has performed to its best ability with regard to the specific task and that KLD Photography has no further responsibility towards said image manipulation. I have read and understood the terms above. I hereby agree to the terms of this agreement.